So it's time for me to RANT! Yay and on my birthday at that. So the one thing I am getting sick and tired about hearing is "Long distance relationships just can't work." "They are way to hard" "I need my boyfriend here with me". What a bunch of bullshit is that. And kind of a slap in the face. Yea sometimes they don't work, but regular in the same town relationships don't work too. Yea they are hard having to love your partner when they are hundreds or thousands of miles away, and Yea you know what... I WANT MY HUSBAND HERE also BUT some things you can't change. Why is it that some people won't even give it a chance before knocking it? For one I know of 2 great guys that would be really good long distance relationships but people won't give it a shot. I will admit I used to be the girl that was at my boyfriends house EVERY day and now look at me. I dated and married a guy that is thousands of miles away. Sometimes I think that long distance relationships are the way to start a relationship. You have to learn about the person about what really makes them tick and the person they really are without the physical aspect of the relationship. Yea you might not know if they put the toilet seat down or if they smack their gum or w/e physical things they do but you learn about their heart. You learn to love unconditonally because you cannot take them for granted. You learn how strong you really are also. Take off your security blanket and open up. Your prince charming may not be in the town you are in. OPEN YOUR EYES! I will admit these relationships are hard but if you have trust, faith and love then there is no reason they can't work. Geeze people get a look at reality and stop saying Long distance relationships won't work because I imagine it's not only a slap in the face to me but to alot of other people in my position too.
PROOF!!!
My brother (one of the guys that could make a LDR work) and MY LDR lover!!!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean. I dealt with the same crap when Chris and I got married. But you will be living proof that LDRs do work and then all those people can do is eat their words. I had even family members who doubted our marriage and now 2 years later they act like they knew from the start that we were meant to be together. Things will change in time for those people who think that way about you guys. Now those girls who complain about not being able to see their boyfriends or husbands for two days...those wont stop and even now still get on my nerves lol. Especially Air Force wives who complain about 4-6 month deployments...give me a break lol
ReplyDeleteRight from the start I was standing behind you and Nicholas cheering you on telling you "YES YOU CAN fall in love with a man you have never physically met" and that it's the best way to start a relationship!! Jay and I suffered from the same nay-sayers, so when I transferred to the other coast, we decided together it was best not to try and maintain such a long distance relationship.......of course that was thirty years ago! I could give you example after example of LDRs that that were not only long but incredibly fast, even faster than you and Nicholas, which are still together today.....DECADES later. Just laugh in their faces and tell them they don't know what they are talking about!!
ReplyDeleteI think everyone that is about to jump in a long distance relationship should read this first before making a decision. as long as there is love,distance will not be a dead end street.
ReplyDelete